CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

And we're blessed with yet another strong-willed child






Yes, what we had suspected all along has come true--Grace has a strong will. We have seen glimpses of it from the beginning--little things would happen and Dave and I would give each other "knowing" looks--what we knew is that eventually this would emerge. Dave and I are no strangers to strong-willed children, that's for sure. So I guess she will fit right in! She's thrown a few fits here and there, but the "Big One" was tonight in the playroom--Grace, or Atilla the Hun as we call her affectionately, feels that all balls in the room are hers and will fight whoever challenges this. After she refused to share, we put her shoes back on and whisked her out of the room quickly to which she screamed all the way up 12 floors and a while in the room. But she got over it and was smiling as if nothing happened. We say to Grace, "Bring it on, Baby!" Today we visited the Chen Family temple and a really pretty park. This afternoon all of the adopted children wore their traditional Chinese clothes and took pictures on the famous red couch here at the White Swan. We posted a picture of Grace in her beautiful pink Chinese dress. The sun actually shone today and there was no rain which as so very welcomed. Many groups go home tomorrow--wish it were us, but only 3 days to go!

5 comments:

Mia said...

Oh, well, the other three are turning out well, so not to worry. I'm still waiting for feedback from Dave on the weather issue. Looks to me like the bad weather is holding for Thursday. We are looking at Friday. We have decided to board Lex.I'll talk about that later. Grace looks beautiful in her Chinese finery. Counting the days! love, Mom/Mia

Carrie Brown said...

Well, she is a strong girl, that is a good thing!! I feel for you on the fits, we have two like that!! I love the pics in the Chinese clothes it is priceless!

Mia said...

I forgot to tell you that I won't have a computer after tonight. It is being sent off for repairs. You'll have to call if you want to tell me something. I love you, Mom/Mia

Rachel said...

It's so cool to "watch" you get to know her...

Mia said...

God's up to something! Call Wendy! I love you, Mom