CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, March 27, 2009

Guangzhou city zoo






Today we went to the Guangzhou Zoo to see a panda bear--only one lives at that zoo and 10 live at another zoo that is about an hour away. Unfortunately we won't be able to go to that one. We had only been at the zoo for about 40 minutes when there was a torrential downpour. We found shelter, but it continued to rain and rain. We were being attacked by mosquitoes and just decided to make a run for it back to the van (we had to purchase some umbrellas first). Even with the umbrellas, we got soaked--there was some flooding that we had to run through. We got back about 2:00 and have been at the hotel ever since trying to dry out. The stroller we borrowed is still wet, and poor Dave only has 1 pair of shoes which are still wet. We didn't even get lunch--just ate snacks. We are about to head out for some dinner in our wet shoes--I am SO TIRED of this hotel room and so is Grace. It has just been miserable weather--they are calling for rain for the whole time we are here. This would be considered the "rainy season". The rest of the group fly in tomorrow afternoon from their provinces. I'm anxious to reconnect with them and see how their new little ones are adjusting. Grace is still doing great--a real trooper! I miss my other kids!!!!!

4 comments:

Mia said...

I am so sorry about the rain--though it is one of God's blessings. I know it is hindering your visit of a lifetime. Since I don't do rain at all, I consider all of you to be troupers. HA! I am praying none of you get sick. We get the kids back today. We had a really bad storm in their area especially. Hope they were having too much fun to notice. Mom

Carrie Brown said...

How much longer do you have before you head back? I understand the hotel issue, I can't imagine being cooped up in a room I think Ben would go stir crazy!! I totally get that!! Sorry about the rain, ick!!

Mia said...

We miss you when you don/t blog. The first thing we do everyday is run to read about your day. Love, Mia and the kids.

Whitney, David, Emma, Gabe, Hayden and Grace said...

We have to be here until 4/3--ugh!!! And it has rained and rained. China is great and all, but we are so ready to come home!