CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Countdown--second to last day in China!!

Today we walked through the weird and bazaar market again with our group and ate at McDonald's---here they don't sell apple pies, they sell tara pies which is some kind of potato like thing. I ate it and it was very good-but the only other thing I would eat was the fries because it's all I felt safe with. After lunch, Dave, Grace, and I ventured off by ourselves and did some shopping in the city. It was the first time we were off the island without our guide and we did very well. I have learned to communicate using gestures and charades--you should have seen me trying to make the salesperson understand pull-ups! Speaking of pull-ups-we decided to put Grace in them when we are out and about. I am taking her to the bathroom about every hour no matter where we are (and believe me, we have had to use some pretty unbelievable squat toilets). Today in the mall, there was a line and she cannot hold it so she pee pee'd on me right there in line. She may have regressed a little, which is very normal and what we were prepared for. Tonight we ate Thai for the 3rd time--the food is great here, but eating out everyday got old long ago! As we put Grace to bed tonight I am reflecting on our time here and what an extraordinary journey this has been--and God has been right here with us every step of the way. We are blessed beyond measure and give all glory to our Father.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We have so enjoyed all of your postings day by day. Grace's strong willed nature will serve her well some day as you teach her to direct it in the right way. Remember, you're bigger than she is. But, I'm sure it must be hard to say no to a face like hers. She is absolutely adorable, and now we know, a perfectly normal child as she shows you her true colors. I know you must miss home and your other 3 angels so very much, but soak up every moment of Grace's world as she now knows it. The three of you are making priceless memories to be cherished forever. God Speed on your journey home!

Unknown said...

It's interesting that even though I have no idea when I will see you, I am anxious for you to "come home". I have enjoyed reading all of your updates. And I am anxious to meet Grace one of these days. Safe travels to all of you. Much love to you.