CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, March 28, 2009

A Most Interesting and Bazaar Chinese Market






Today we went to the market where one can see the weirdest things: chinese remedies in the form of dried whale stomachs and toad sticks; dried mushrooms, seahorses, sea urchins, lizards, etc... We even had the unfortunate pleasure of seeing a poor rat meet his demise--they blowtorched him--I looked away, but was aware of it happening from the smell. There were many live animals as well: puppies, kittens, ducks, chicks, chipmunks, rabbits, fish, turtles, scorpions--all in cages, buckets, bowls, tubs--whatever. I was completely in awe, but Dave didn't like it so much. Later this afternoon we met up with 2 other families who adopted girls from the same orphanage as Grace--one from Boston and one from Spain. The girls were all friends and enjoyed playing together. We exchanged info. so we can keep in touch. It is still raining here--it seems the sun never shines. However, Grace is a shining blessing and takes the place of the sun anyway!

4 comments:

Mia said...

Gabe wants to know if they eat the puppies in the baskets. Sorry I didn't give you time to blog. We just hang on every word. The fact that Grace is like the sun is evident from all her pictures and videos. What a blessing God has given us. He gave us grace when He gave us Grace. I have felt Grace's presence in my heart for so long now. I love you, Mom/Mia

Mia said...

Kids were safely given to Nana. We ate out,and they were angels. We laughed all the way to Picadilly. They love to talk, especially Emma. She was a newscaster and was interviewing us on the way. We have really had a good time with them. They love to watch Pops' Planet Earth with him. Hope your day was not as rainy. Kiss Grace. Love to all, Mom/Mia

Mia said...

Oops! Piccadilly!! Hate to make a mistake!! Like I don't. HA! Mom/Mia

Wendy Lawson said...

Her clothes are precious!!! Did you bring them, or is that what you bought on "shopping for Grace Day"? My favorite are the little brown shoes with the pink and blue flowers! Her little feet and legs look just like yours did when you were that age! It is amazing to me how much she favors YOU! We just thought we got you from the reservation - maybe it was China? (Isn't it nice that you have to be "family" to understand all of this)! I try real hard not to think about it (or go "postal" like I did in the NICU with Gabe), but I'm even envious of all your neighbors that will get to see her before I do - PLEASE tell her how much Lovie loves her and then SHOW her my picture everyday for about a 15-minute session! :-)