CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Shopping.....again

No pictures to post today--we were tired of lugging our camera around. Today we had 6 other families join us --they all flew in from their provinces yesterday. No matter what province you adopt from, you have to do the last leg of your trip in Guangzhou. The reason why we have been here the whole time is because this is also Grace's province. We all went to the Jade Market and the Pearl Market---more jewelry than I have ever seen in my life. Mom, you would call this Heaven. I'm not that into jewelry, but getting out is always fun. This afternoon, Dave had to do some official paperwork, so Grace and I went walking around and got some ice cream and dropped off our laundry. We then went to the hotel playroom where Grace decided to pee pee in the middle of the floor--she has never had 1 accident since we have had her and she seemed quite mortified that it happened (as did the family that was playing right beside her at the time). She does drink constantly, as if she was never given anything to drink in the orphanage. We are trying to curtail how much she drinks, but drinking out of her sippy cup seems to have become a comfort thing for her. About 4 families that I know of have gotten food poisening--I'm a little scared, so keep praying. 5 more days to go after today----can't wait to get home to our kiddos!!!!

3 comments:

Mia said...

JADE MARKET!! My adrenalin went up for just a moment!!HA! PLEASE be careful what you eat. I would hate to think of you sick in any way there.Poor Grace! How embarrassing for her. Maybe her sippy cup is like a pacifier in some way. As happy as she is, I'm sure she is struggling to find a comfort zone completely. I love you all, Mom/Mia

Wendy Lawson said...

She's so PERFECT in every way, she was bound to be imperfect once! Did they have something for you to clean it up with? Were you close to your room that you could whisk her away and go and change her? Who were those "people" next to you?! You were in a playroom for goodness sake; are they not kid-experienced?! I'm like you; the jade market doesn't thrill me; however, those weird crawly things were in all those buckets were interesting but definitely would have made me afraid to EAT!

Whitney, David, Emma, Gabe, Hayden and Grace said...

The family that she "pee'd" next to was really fine about it--the playroom is always full of families and their adopted little ones. You get to know a lot of people and their stories while here which is very interesting. Wendy, I will show her your picture everyday--I don't think she will have any problem bonding with you, I promise.