CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Week 2--Was I really just in China 2 weeks ago?

I have a second to update--literally! Things are fine--we are adjusting. "Adjusting" will probably be the word that best describes us for a long time. This week is, of course, going better than last week; so I guess we are going in the right direction. This past weekend our family drove to Indianapolis for LTC--Leadership Training for Christ. Emma was in chorus, drama, and puppets; Gabe was in puppets; and I was a coach for chorus and drama. I was VERY apprehensive as to how things would go with Grace i.e...how she would do in a carseat for 4 1/2 hours; how she would behave during performances; how she would do with all those people. I have to say she did GREAT! She was only fussy on Sat. afternoon when she was so tired and once she finally took a nap, she woke up much happier. We got home Sat. night and unfortunately, she took a bad fall down the stairs. It was very scary--we called the DR. and she helped us determine that it was just a bump on the head. We are now blocking the stairs, much to Grace's dismay. I started homeschooling (a modified schedule right now) and teaching piano again this week. So far so good for both--we keep Grace occupied with play-doh and puzzles during school and the older kids play with her during piano. I feel like we are making amazing progress. She has also slept through the night for the past 2 nights which is a great thing for me! I have been going on little sleep for weeks! Hayden and Grace and making progress together also--slow--but progress. They are both jealous of one another--Grace cries anytime I show him attention, but doesn't seem to mind me paying attention to the other two. This week I have tried to champion Hayden a little more because I can see how he feels less important and probably less loved in his little mind. It's a balancing act---I certainly feel like a ringmaster at a circus---balancing school, piano, household duties, being a good wife, emotions of children, attachment and bonding of our new child, maintaining bonding with the other kids--I could go on! But God is good as always as is the support and love of my friends and family!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm sure you are the best ringmaster ever! Hang in there, it sounds like you're doing great...

Carrie Brown said...

You are doing so well Whitney!! I am excited that you all were able to all go to LTC!! Remember last year when we tried to take Ben...remember just trying to get a picture made??? Sounds like Grace did great for a 4 yr. old!! We will keep the transition in our prayers...poor little Hayden, he'll be okay!! I am looking forward to seeing pics of everyone together!! Hang in there and keep us posted!! Love you!